|Topic Discussed||Set Up Samsung Smart TV|
|How to Set Up||Using the Remote|
|Alternate Ways||Using the SmartThings app|
The very first process that you must do when you buy a new Samsung Smart TV is to set up. There are two methods to set up your Samsung TV. One is with your remote control, and the other is with the SmartThings app. Both are almost the same process except for minor differences.
Steps to Set up Samsung Smart TV Using Remote Control
Before the software setup process, make sure to complete all the hardware processes, like setting up the stand, wire connections, power, and more. Once done, check all the connections.
1. Turn on your TV by pressing the Power button at the back of the TV.
2. The remote will be paired automatically to the Samsung TV. If not, hold the Back and Play/Pause buttons to pair the remote. Next, select your Country and enter the TV PIN.
3. Now, you have to connect any external devices and cables that you want, like HDMI and eARC.
4. After completing this step, you can see two option that says Start Auto Setup and Retail Mode.
5. Click on Auto Start Setup if you have connected any additional devices to your TV. If not, click on Retail Mode.
6. Select OK to confirm the process.
7. On the next page, you must select the Usage Mode. Click on Home Mode. Retail Mode is for selling purposes.
8. Next, connect your Samsung TV to the internet connection.
9. Choose the WiFi network and enter the password and click on Done. For a wired connection, connect the LAN cable to your Samsung TV.
10. After that, you have to agree to all the terms and conditions listed by them. Click on View Details to read about the terms and conditions.
11. Now, your TV will check for updates. You can update it now or later as you prefer.
12. Once the update is complete, your TV will turn off automatically and turn on within a few seconds.
13. When your TV restarts, you must create a Samsung Account. If you are a new user, click on Create New Account. If not, click on Use Existing Account.
14. Enter the required details and click on Got It.
15. Now, you have to save all the settings made and click on Back Up Data.
16. Enter your location or Zip code to find your service provider.
17. Click on Next and choose your voice assistant, either Bixby, Alexa, or Google Assistant.
18. Add the apps you prefer to your Samsung TV and click on Save.
19. Finally, click on Start Watching TV.
Steps to Set up Samsung Smart TV Using SmartThings App
Setting up your Samsung Smart TV using your smartphone is quick and easier than doing it with your remote control. Before starting this process, install the SmartThings app on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
1. Turn on your TV and click on Smartphone in the setup screen on your Samsung TV.
2. Open SmartThings app on your device and create an account.
3. In the home screen, click on the Plus icon in the top right corner.
4. From there, click on the TV.
5. Now, you have to choose your Samsung TV.
6. Then, click on TV again and select Start.
7. Now, enter the location and room where you have placed your Samsung TV.
8. A code will appear on your Samsung TV. Enter it in the SmartThings app.
9. Your smartphone will connect to your TV within seconds.
10. Connect to a WiFi connection and enter the password.
11. Click on Next.
12. Now, you must agree to all the terms and conditions shown on the app. With that, your TV will be registered with your Samsung Account.
13. Set a name for your TV and you can also check in Backup my data so that all the settings will be saved in your Samsung Cloud.
14. Select Restore to restore all the backups on your device and select Next.
15. Click on Done and enter the Zip code to complete the process.
These are the two ways to set up the Samsung Smart TV. After the setup process, you can install and delete apps, update your Samsung TV, and use all the features available on the TV.
Leave a Comment