|App Discussed||The Paramount Plus app is Not Working|
|Reasons||DNS Configuration and Server Error|
|Primary Fixes||Change DNS Settings on Samsung Smart TV|
|Common Fixes||Check internet connection, compatibility, update TV, and more.|
Paramount Plus is one of the apps you can find on the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV. With the Paramount Plus app on your Samsung TV, you can stream thousands of video content from CBS, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Comedy Central, and much more. Recently, many users have been facing performance and not working issues with the Paramount Plus app on Samsung Smart TV. If you have any such issues, you can easily fix the issues with simple troubleshooting steps.
Reason for Paramount Plus Not Working on Samsung TV
On common sight, there are too many reasons for the Paramount Plus app’s performance issues. But, when you look closely, there is only one specific reason for the issue, the DNS Configuration. To fix the issue, you can change the DNS settings on your Samsung Smart TV.
Another important reason is the Paramount Plus servers. Their server is not stable. Every once in a while, you will get the so-called “technical difficulties” screen. To solve this error, all you need to do is wait for the error to be resolved from the server side.
These two are the major reasons for the Paramount Plus not working on your Samsung Smart TV. Do the below-mentioned fixes to resolve the issues.
How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
The performance issue on the Paramount Plus app can be resolved with these two fixes. Try the fixes one by one and test the app. If the issue is not resolved, go to the common fixes below.
Change DNS Settings
As mentioned on the Samsung Community page, almost 60% of Samsung Smart TV users are experiencing performance issues with the Paramount+ app. To fix the issue, you need to change the DNS settings on your Samsung Smart TV.
1. On your Samsung Smart TV, go to the General settings.
2. Choose the Network option.
3. On the Network page, tap the Network Status feature.
4. Now, you will get the status of your network connection along with the IP address and MAC address of your Samsung TV.
5. Click the IP Settings option from the Network Status screen.
6. Go to the DNS Setting feature and change that from Get automatically to Enter manually.
7. Now, enter the DNS server address. You can get the DNS server address from your internet service provider.
8. Then, tap the OK button to save the changes.
9. Now, open the Paramount Plus app on your Samsung TV. It will work without any issues. If it is not working, then the issue is with the Paramount+ server.
Paramount Plus Server Error
If the issue is with the Paramount Plus server, you will get a screen similar to the one mentioned below.
Some of the common error codes in Paramount+ are 1106, 6209, 6999, and 3002. With these error codes, you will get a black screen on the Paramount Plus app. You can’t fix this issue all by yourself. You need to contact Paramount Plus support at any of the available platforms. We suggest you contact the Paramount Plus Help Twitter handle for a quick solution. As you can see on the Twitter page, a lot of users are tweeting about the server issues now and then. Wait for the reply from them and proceed as required.
Common Fixes for Paramount Plus Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
The above-mentioned fixes are the specific solution for the issue. Other than that, you can try the common fixes like restarting and resetting the device to fix the Paramount Plus not working on your Samsung Smart TV. On the Paramount Plus support website, some of the common fixes are mentioned.
Check the Compatibility
As stated in the Samsung App Store, the Paramount Plus app is available on Samsung TVs manufactured after 2017 and above models. If you are using the older versions of Samsung TV, the Paramount Plus app won’t appear on the search results, won’t be displayed on the Smart Hub, and can’t be installed. In this case, you need to buy a new Samsung Smart TV or use streaming devices like Roku or Fire TV Stick.
Check the Internet Connection
Paramount Plus is a streaming app with both on-demand and live TV content. To watch them, you need to have an active internet connection. For on-demand content, you need to have at least a 4 Mbps connection. For live TV, you need 8 Mbps. Make sure that your Samsung TV is getting enough internet connection. If not, you will get issues like the Paramount Plus app not loading or the Paramount+ app not playing video content on Samsung TV. You can also restart and reset the WiFi router to fix the internet issue.
Clear Cache on Samsung Smart TV
When you have been using the Samsung Smart TV for more than a year, a lot of cache files will be stored on the TV. Sometimes, these cache files will affect your TV’s performance. You need to clear cache files at least once every two months.
1. Go to the Settings menu on your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Choose the Support option.
3. Select the Device Care feature.
4. On the next screen, tap the Manage Storage button.
5. Select the Paramount Plus app and click the View Details button.
6. On the View Details pop-up, click the Clear Cache button.
7. Now, all the cache files on the Paramount Plus app will be removed.
8. After that, the Paramount Plus app will work without any issues.
Update Date & Time
Sometimes, the date and time on your Samsung Smart TV will affect the apps installed on it. You need to set the date & time based on your time zone. You can also choose Auto mode to prevent this issue.
1. On your Samsung TV, go to the Settings menu.
2. Choose the System Manager option.
3. Select the Time feature and choose Clock.
4. Choose the Mode to Auto. If you want to set it all by yourself, choose the Manual option.
5. Then, change the date and time that suits your region.
6. If you can’t change the date or time, or it is greyed out, an app is running in the background. Close all the background apps on your Samsung TV and try again.
The Paramount Plus app is available only in the USA. If you are installing or accessing Paramount Plus outside of the US, you will get the geo-restriction error. To bypass the geo-restriction error, you can use a VPN on your internet connection. But, if the Paramount Plus platform detects your VPN connection, they may ban your subscription.
Make sure that you have an active subscription to Paramount Plus. Paramount Plus is not offering any free content. If your subscription is expired, you can’t stream any video content from the platform. If your subscription is expired, buy one from the Paramount Plus website.
Update Paramount App
In the older version of the Paramount Plus app, there is this specific bug causing the error codes like 4200, 3205, and more. These error codes won’t allow you to use the app on your Samsung Smart TV. To fix the error, you need to update the Paramount Plus app on your Samsung Smart TV.
1. Click on the Apps icon on your Samsung TV home screen.
2. Now, select My Apps.
3. From the list of applications, find the Paramount Plus app.
4. Select the Paramount Plus app and hold the Enter button.
5. A new dialogue box appears on the screen. From the menu, click on Update Apps.
6. You can also turn on the Auto Update toggle on the top. The Auto Update feature is available only on the latest version of the Samsung TV.
If updating the app is not resolving the issue, you can uninstall and install the app again from the Smart Hub Store.
Restart Samsung Smart TV
When you restart your Samsung TV, all the temporary glitches will be solved easily. Close all the background applications on your Samsung TV. Now, grab your Samsung TV remote and long press the Power Button. Your TV will power off automatically. Then, tap the Power button again to turn on the TV. After the restart, the Paramount+ app will work without any issues.
Update Samsung Smart TV
If your Samsung Smart TV is running on the older firmware, you will experience random issues frequently. Also, the Paramount Plus app is compatible with Tizen OS 3.0 and above. If you are using the older version, you need to update your Samsung Smart TV to fix the Paramount+ app.
1. Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon from the home page.
3. Select Support from the Settings menu and click on Software Update.
4. Choose Update Now and your TV will check for the availability of new updates.
5. Hit the Install button if there is any new software available.
6. After the new update, the Paramount+ app will work without any issues.
Factory Reset Samsung TV
If updating the Samsung Smart TV can’t fix the issue, you need to reset your Samsung Smart TV. When the factory reset is done, all the data stored on the Samsung TV will be removed. You must set up the Samsung TV from scratch.
1. Click on the Settings icon from your Samsung TV home screen.
2. In the settings menu, choose Support and click on Self Diagnosis.
3. Choose Reset and enter the TV’s four-digit PIN.
4. A confirmation screen will appear and click on Yes.
5. After the reset, install the Paramount+ app on your Samsung Smart TV and check if it is working or not.
If the Paramount Plus app is not working on your Samsung Smart TV even after the reset, then the issue is with your TV’s hardware. To fix hardware issues, you need to contact Samsung Support.
These are the primary and common fixes that you can try to fix the Paramount Plus app not working issues on your Samsung Smart TV. Since CBS All Access was rebranded as Paramount Plus, the platform’s performance is not satisfying to the customers.