|Things Discussed||Program DirecTV Remote|
|How to Program||Using On-Screen Method|
|Alternate Ways||Using Manual Method|
There are two types of DirecTV remotes. One is the DirecTV Universal Remote and the other one is Genie Remote. In your Samsung Smart TV, you can program the DirecTV universal remote and control the TV. Connect the DirecTV box to your Samsung TV and program the remote.
Steps to Program DirecTV Universal Remote to Samsung TV
There are two different ways to program the DirecTV remote to your Samsung TV. You can follow the on-screen prompts or use the manual code method.
1. Press the Menu button on your DirecTV remote.
2. Click on the Settings option.
3. From the settings menu, go to Remote Control.
4, Now, click on Pair/Program Remote.
5. Choose the Samsung TV and enter your TV model number.
6. Now, the pairing process will begin. It will check the code automatically to pair the remote to your Samsung TV.
7. When it is paired, you will get the confirmation screen. Press the Volume + button to check if the volume is increasing on your TV. If it is worked, click the It Worked button. If not, click the Try Next Code. Repeat the process until the remote is paired to your TV.
8. Now, you can use the DirecTV remote to control your Samsung Smart TV.
1. Open a web browser and go to the DirecTV Remote Control Code Lookup website.
2. Select your DirecTV remote control’s model number. The Model number is printed on the upper left corner of the remote.
3. Now, click on Add New TV.
4. After that, choose the Samsung TV in Provide your TV Brand menu.
5. Now, enter your Samsung TV’s Model number. You will get a five-digit remote code. Note down the code.
6. In the DirecTV remote, toggle the switch at the top of the remote to TV.
7. Long press the Mute and Select buttons at the same time until the green light will flash two times.
8. Now, enter the five-digit remote code. The green light will again flash twice indicating that the remote is paired to your Samsung TV.
9. Press the Volume Up button to check the connection.
10. If it is not working, repeat the same process with a different five-digit code.
11. After the remote is paired. press the Mute and Select buttons.
12. Enter the code 960. The light will flash twice, indicating that the Samsung TV is saved on the remote.
13. Now, you can access the DirecTV Universal remote easily on your Samsung TV.
Steps to Program DirecTV Genie Remote to Samsung TV
In the Genie Remote too, there are two ways to program it to Samsung Smart TV.
1. Point your Genie remote to the Genie Cable Box.
2. Long press the Mute and Enter buttons. Now, the green light will flash two times.
3. A notification will appear on your TV saying that Applying RF/IR Setup. Please Wait…
4. When your TV displays Your Remote is now Setup for RF, select OK.
5. Now, press the Menu button on the remote.
6. Go to Settings and click on Remote Control.
7. Select Pair/Program Remote and complete the pairing.
8. The DirecTV remote is paired to your Samsung TV successfully.
1. Point the Genie remote to the Genie TV Box.
2. After that, long press the Mute and Select buttons. The green light will flash on your remote two times.
3. Now, enter code 961 and the light will flash once after entering the code.
4. Press the Channel Up button and the Enter button after that.
5. Your TV will display Applying RF/IR Setup. Please Wait…
6. Complete the on-screen prompts and finish the pairing.
Using the above steps, you can pair both the DirecTV Universal and Genie remotes to any model of Samsung TV. If you have any issues with the pairing, update your Samsung TV. Apart from DirecTV remote, you can pair other universal remotes like Xfinity, RCA, and Spectrum remotes by using the Samsung TV Remote Codes.