|Name of the App||Hotstar or Disney +|
|Compatible Models||2016 & above (Tizen OS 2.4 & above) Samsung TVs|
|How to Get||Install the Hotstar app from the Smart Hub Store|
|Alternate Ways||Cast the Hotstar app from a smartphone|
Hotstar is one of the best sports-streaming apps for Smart TVs. In the Samsung Smart TV, you can install the Hotstar app from the Smart Hub Store. With the Hotstar app on your Samsung Smart TV, you can watch live matches from Cricket, Football, Formula 1, Tennis, and more.
How to Install Hotstar App on Samsung TV
Make sure to connect your Samsung Smart TV to a stable WiFi network. To stream Hotstar, you need to have 2Mbps for on-demand content, 8Mbps for live TV, and 25Mbps for 4K content.
1. Pick up your Samsung TV remote and press the Home Button.
2. In the Samsung TV home screen, go to the Apps section.
3. Now, the Smart Hub store will open. Click the Search icon.
4. Search for Hotstar or Disney + Hotstar app.
5. Select the Install button that is available near the application.
How to Activate Hotstar on Samsung Smart TV
Unlike the Netflix app on Samsung Smart TV, you can’t directly sign in to the Hotstar app. You need to activate the app using your phone number.
1. After the installation, open the Hotstar app.
2. Click on My Account from the menu.
3. You can see an activation code.
4. Now, go to the Hotstar activation website (https://www.hotstar.com/in/subscribe/activate).
5. Sign in with your Hotstar account and enter the activation code.
6. Then, click on the Continue button.
7. Now, the Hotstar app on your Samsung TV will be activated.
8. You can start streaming your favorite movies and sports matches on your Samsung TV.
If the Hotstar app is not working properly or if you can’t get the app, it may be due to compatibility issues. The Hotstar or Disney + Hotstar app is available only on Samsung TVs that are manufactured in 2016 & above models. To install the Hotstar app, your Samsung TV must have the Tizen OS 2.4 or above. For older models, you can cast the app from your smartphone.
How to Cast Hotstar App to Samsung TV
The Hotstar app is compatible with the Cast feature. Using the Cast feature, you can stream the video content to any Cast-supported device like Samsung Smart TV.
1. Install the Hotstar app on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Now, connect your Samsung TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi connection.
3. Open the Hotstar app and sign in with the required details.
4. Play any video content from the Hotstar app.
5. Click on the Cast icon.
6. From the list, choose your Samsung TV.
7. For verification, you may need to enter the code displayed on your Samsung TV in the smartphone.
8. After the verification, the video from the Hotstar app will appear on your Samsung TV.
If the casting feature is not available on your Samsung TV, you can buy any of the streaming devices like Fire TV Stick, Roku, or Google TV and install the Hotstar app. These are the possible ways to get the Hotstar app on your Samsung Smart TV.
Disney + Hotstar vs. Hotstar
The name of the app may confuse you. In the south-Asian countries, the app is named Disney + Hotstar. Whereas, in the USA, there are two individual apps named Disney + and Hotstar. Based on your location, you have to install the specified app. In the Hotstar app, you will get Asian TV shows, series, and live sports. In the Disney Plus app, you will have on-demand video content from Star Wars, Marvel, Nat Geo, Pixar, and Disney Originals.
If you have any issues with the Hotstar app, write to us in the comments. We will assist you.
Leave a Comment