|Feature Discussed||Dolby Atmos|
|How to Enable||Using Expert Settings|
|Compatible Models||TVs from 2020 and above|
|How to Check||Play any Dolby Atmos content and look for the Dolby logo|
Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision are much-needed features on your TV if you want to watch movies and TV shows. With Dolby Atmos on your Samsung Smart TV, you will get the real listening experience with the surround sound feature. You can enable or disable the Dolby Atmos feature on your Smart TV from the Expert Settings.
How to Enable Dolby Atmos on Samsung Smart TV
In the latest models of Samsung Smart TVs, you will get built-in Dolby Atmos support. You can enable it from the Settings menu.
1. Press the Home Button on your Samsung TV remote
2. Select the Settings icon from the Samsung TV home screen.
3. Now, choose the Sound menu from the Settings page.
4. Click on Expert Settings.
5. Turn on the HDMI e-ARC mode and Digital Audio Format to Auto.
6. Now, you have to activate Dolby Atmos Compatibility.
7. Play any Dolby Atmos content on your Samsung TV and enjoy the experience.
If the Dolby Atmos is not activated or it is greyed out, check whether the Anynet+ function is enabled on your TV.
1. Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Select the Settings icon from the home screen.
3. In the settings page, choose the General menu and click on External Device Manager.
4. Choose Anynet+(HDM-CEC) and turn it on. With this, the Dolby Atmos feature on your Samsung TV will be activated.
How to Connect Dolby Atmos Soundbar to Samsung Smart TV
If your Samsung Smart TV is not compatible with Dolby support, you can connect any of the compatible soundbars to your Samsung TV and experience the Dolby Atmos experience.
1. Connect the soundbar and Samsung TV using the HDMI cable.
2. After connecting the HDMI cable, open the soundbar Settings.
3. Choose No Encoding for Bitstream.
4. Turn off the Secondary Audio if your soundbar supports it.
5. Now, play the content from the streaming app and get the Dolby Atmos surround sound experience.
Check If Dolby Atmos is Working or Not on Samsung TV
- If you play any video content with Dolby Atmos support, you will get the Dolby logo on the playback screen. With the Dolby logo, you can find out whether you are playing Dolby Atmos content or not.
- The Dolby Atmos surround sound will easily be recognized by human ears. Play any video content with Dolby support, you can feel the sound travels through the soundbars and sound systems.
Dolby Atmos Supported Models
The Dolby Atmos feature is available only on the Samsung Smart TVs that are manufactured in 2020 and above models. For soundbars, the feature is available only on the 2019 and above models.
With these tips and tricks, you can enable the Dolby feature on your Samsung Smart TV. If you have any doubts about the Dolby feature, let us know in the comments.
Leave a Comment