|Connecting Cable TV Box
|How to connect
|Using HDMI cables
The main purpose of a cable TV box is to get all the local and international channels. You can connect the modern-day cable box to your Samsung Smart TV using the HDMI cable and get up to UHD content. If you have an older cable TV box, you can connect it to your Samsung TV using the component cable and get up to FHD content.
Steps to Connect Samsung Smart TV to Cable Box
Before starting the process, make sure that you have the required cable TV box and the HDMI cable or any other connecting cable.
1. Connect the cable wire firmly to the Coaxial port of the Cable TV box.
2. Plugin one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI OUT port of the Cable TV box.
3. Simultaneously, plug the other end into the HDMI IN port on your Samsung TV.
4. Now, turn on your Cable TV box.
5. Grab your Samsung TV remote and press the Home Button.
6. Select Live TV and click on Set Up TV.
7. Enter the ZIP code of your region.
8. Now, your TV will start to identify the connected device. Press Next after that.
9. Select your TV source and click on Cable or Satellite Box.
10. Choose the HDMI port you used to connect your cable TV box to your Samsung TV.
11. Now, choose your cable TV provider. (eg: Verizon)
12. Point your Samsung TV remote to the cable TV box.
13. Select Channel Up or Channel Down.
14. Check whether the channel has changed after pressing the channel up or channel down button.
15. If the changes happened, confirm the process by selecting Yes on the screen.
16. Now, click on Start Watching TV.
There are other ways to connect the cable TV box to your Samsung TV without an HDMI cable.
- RCA Audio Cables
- Composite Video Cables
- 5-Cable Component RCA Video Cable
Using these cables, you can connect the Cable TV Box to your Samsung TV. But, for control and navigation, you have to use the Cable TV Box remote. The Samsung remote can’t control the Cable TV Box if it is not connected using HDMI cables.